STS “Contro Corrente” seminars
Contro Corrente is a series of seminars with renowned scholars and practitioners of science and technology studies, aiming at raising awareness of science and technology studies and how these types of reflexive activities can help with scientific practice at the Joint Research Centre. This video playlist includes the talks from:
- Brian Wynne - How can we connect RRI with honest regulation in Europe?
- Ulrike Felt - Academic Citizenship: What is a rightful place for society in science?
- Harro Van Lente - Everything you always wanted to know about innovation but were afraid to ask!
- David Guston - 'On a dreary night of November': Frankenstein for Today.
- Rob Hagendijk - Rare diseases as a real time policy laboratory: Citizen engagement and public health
- Erik Reinert - Fairness over time: a social science perspective
- Judith Simon - DataBust: Dissecting Big Data Practices and Imaginaries
- Jack Stilgoe - Against Excellence
- Alan Irwin - Citizen Science and Scientific Citizenship: same words, different meanings?
- Daniel Sarewitz - The End of the Cartesian Dream?
- Cynthia Selin - Future Imperfect: Critical Approaches to Foresight Deliberation