CITIZENV is a new initiative developed by DG ENV in January 2019. It is designed as a Dialogue with Citizens and focuses on the environment and young people. CITIZENV is proposing a discussion in all Member States between our native-speaking colleagues and a group of 25 young men and women aged between 18 and 25 years old. The workshop lasts a full morning or afternoon. By asking the same five questions in a very friendly and participatory way in all Member States, we are able to gather ideas on what young Europeans care about in relation to European environmental policies. We work in close cooperation with our counterparts (EDIC, universities, local groups, museums, etc.) to help bring this dialogue into life and make the promotion ourselves and via our local partners.
When and Where
- promotion via local EDIC
- emails sent to schools/universities
- promotion via Green Spider Network and Perm Rep
- colleagues also helping to promote the event taking place in their country
facilitates, keeps the time.
We are now working on organising worshops with young influencers and with NGOs to develop these bridges.
- citizens ask for this type of initiatives and want to know more about the Commission.
- we are seen as "real existing people acting for all of us".
2. If you cant answer a question, say it and add that a colleague in charge of the file will reply and make sure this is done!
3. Make sure that the ideas are used. People don't like talking and sharing ideas without a clear purpose.